Judicature (Judicial Review) Rules, 2009
Statutory Instrument 11 of 2009
- Published in Uganda Gazette 10 on 6 March 2009
- Assented to on 29 July 2008
- Commenced on 6 March 2009
- [This is the version of this document from 31 May 2019.]
- [Amended by Judicature (Judicial Review) (Amendment) Rules, 2019 (Statutory Instrument 32 of 2019) on 31 May 2019]
Part I – Preliminary
1. TitleThese Rules may be cited as the Judicature (Judicial Review) Rules, 2009.
1A. ObjectivesThe objectives of these Rules are—
Part II – Judicial review
3. Cases appropriate for judicial review
3A. Application for judicial reviewAny person who has a direct or sufficient interest in a matter may apply for judicial review.[section 3A inserted by section 4 of Statutory Instrument 32 of 2019]
4. Joinder of claims for reliefOn any application for judicial review, any relief mentioned in rule 3(1) or 3(2) may be claimed as an alternative to any other relief so mentioned if it arises out of, or relates to, or is connected with the same matter.
5. Time for applying for judicial review
6. Mode of applying for judicial review
7. Motion and affidavit
7A. Factors to consider in handling applications for judicial review
7B. Time for disposalAn application for judicial review shall be disposed of within ninety days from the date of filing the application.[section 7B inserted by section 5 of Statutory Instrument 32 of 2019]
8. Claims for damages
9. Application for discovery, interrogations, cross-examination, etc.
10. Hearing of applications for judicial review
Part III – Misclellaneous
11. RevocationThe Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Rules of Court) Rules, S.I No. 79-1 are revoked.
History of this document
31 May 2019 this version
29 July 2008