This is the version of this Statutory Instrument as it was from 6 March 2009 to 30 May 2019. Read the latest available version.
Judicature (Judicial Review) Rules, 2009
Statutory Instrument 11 of 2009
- Published in Uganda Gazette 10 on 6 March 2009
- Assented to on 29 July 2008
- Commenced on 6 March 2009
- [This is the version of this document as it was from 6 March 2009 to 30 May 2019.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. TitleThese Rules may be cited as the Judicature (Judicial Review) Rules, 2009.
Part II – Judicial review
3. Cases appropriate for judicial review
4. Joinder of claims for reliefOn any application for judicial review, any relief mentioned in rule 3(1) or 3(2) may be claimed as an alternative to any other relief so mentioned if it arises out of, or relates to, or is connected with the same matter.
5. Time for applying for judicial review
6. Mode of applying for judicial review
7. Motion and affidavit
8. Claims for damages
9. Application for discovery, interrogations, cross-examination, etc.
10. Hearing of applications for judicial review
Part III – Misclellaneous
11. RevocationThe Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Rules of Court) Rules, S.I No. 79-1 are revoked.
History of this document
31 May 2019
06 March 2009 this version
29 July 2008