Date of promulgation:
Download Original File:
2003 No. 39.
THE DIPLOMATIC PRIVILEGES (EXTENSION TO PRESCRIBED ORGANISATIONS) REGULATIONS, 2003.
ARRANGEMENT OF REGULATIONS
2. Extension of Immunities and Privileges.
The Diplomatic Privileges (Extension to Prescribed Organisations) Regulations, 2003.
In exercise of the powers conferred upon the President by section 2 of the Diplomatic Privileges Act, 1965, these Regulations are made this 22nd day of August, 2003.
These regulations may be cited as the Diplomatic Privileges (Extension to Prescribed Organisations) Regulations, 2003.
2. Extension of Immunities and Privileges
The immunities and privileges conferred on diplomatic agents by virtue of the Act are hereby extended to the organisations prescribed in the schedule to these Regulations and to the representatives, officials and employees of the said organisations who are not citizens of Uganda or persons permanently or ordinarily resident in Uganda.
1. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
2. United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3. United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
4. United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
5. World Food Programme (WFP)
6. International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
7. The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank
8. The United Nations African Institute for the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders (UNAFRI)
9. Lake Victoria Fisheries Organisation
10. The International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC)
11. Delegation of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRCS)
12. The Programme Exchange Centre of the Union of National Radio and Television Organisation of Africa (URTNA-APEC)