NOT AVAILABLE FOR LOAN
GAZETTE EXTRAORDINARY 161
THE RE1H BUC OF I O.KNDA
G 6761 G
.—- . Published
Registered at the
General Past Officefor
Vol. CIX No. 13 1st March, 2016 Price: Shs. 5,000
CONTENTS Page General Notice No. 125 of 2016.
The Electoral Commission Act—Notice ... 161 IN THE MATTER OF THE LEADERSHIP CODE ACT,
The Leadership Code Act—Notice ... ... 161-162 No. 8 OF 2002.
The Trademarks Act—Registration of Applications 162 AND
IN THE MATTER OF THE ELECTRONIC
TRANSACTIONS ACT, No. 8 OF 2011.
NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE OF ELECTRONIC
General Notice No. 124 of 2016 ONLINE DECLARATION OF INCOME, ASSETS
AND LIABILITIES FORM UNDER THE
THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS ACT, LEADERSHIP CODE ACT, 2002
ACT NO. 16 OF 2005 (AS AMENDED) (Pursuant to S. 23 (1) (a) of the Electronic Transactions
Act, No. 8 of 2011)
NOTICE is hereby given that from the 1st day of March
NOTICE 2016, the Inspectorate of Government in exercise of the
PUBLICATION OF THE PRESIDENTIAL powers conferred upon it by Article 234 of the Constitution
GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS. 2016 of the Republic of Uganda and Section 3 of the Leadership
Code Act, No. 8 of 2002, shall receive and accept
Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission, that declaration forms of leaders’ income, assets and liabilities
the results in the Schedule to this Notice, is hereby published submitted electronically.
Subject to Section 57 of the Presidential Elections Act, 2005 Leaders are advised to carefully read the User Manual for
(As amended). completion of the Online Declaration of Income, Assets and
SCHEDULE Liabilities before completing and submitting the electronic form.
1. The form is web-based and accessible using an internet
S/N Name of Candidate Political No. of Votes browser. It is accessible on the Inspectorate of
Party/Organisation Obtained Government website: www.igg.go.ug
1. Abed Bwanika People Development 89,005
2. The form shall be filled and submitted electronically.
Party 3. A leader shall be required to provide an email address
and a reliable mobile telephone contact to the
Amama Mbabazi Independent 136,519
Inspectorate of Government for purposes of online
3. Baryamurccba Independent 52,798 4. The User Manual can be accessed on the Inspectorate
Venansius of Government website: www.igg.go.ug
4. Benon Buta Biraaro Farmers Party of Uganda 25,600 5. A Leader should carefully read Sections 4, 5 and 6 of
the Leadership Code Act, 2002 before completing the
5. Kizza Besigye Kifefe Forum for Democratic 3,508,687
Change 6. A Leader should ensure that all required information
and details are filled in accordance with the
6. Mabirizi Joseph Independent 24,498 instructions, before submitting the Form.
7. Declaration of spouse, children and dependant’s
incomes, assets and liabilities should be to the best of
7. Maureen Faith Kyalya Independent 42,833
the leader’s knowledge.
8. The responsibility of completing and submitting the
8. Yoweri Kaguta National Resistance 5,971,872 form, as instructed, remains solely the responsibility of
Museveni Movement the leader.
9. The completed form should be submitted to the
Issued at Kampala, this 29th day of February, 2016. Inspector General within three months after assumption
of a leadership position, and thereafter every two years
ENG. DR. BADRU M. KIGGUNDU, during the month of March, in compliance with the
Chairperson, Electoral Commission. provisions of Section 4 of the Act.