TIE REPUBLIC OF ICASDA THE REPUBLIC Op UGANDA
Registered at rhe
General Post Officefor
East Africa as a
Newspaper Uganda Gazette by
Vol. XCVIII No. 29 2nd June, 2005 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page General Notice No. 175 of 2005.
The Electoral Commission Act—Notice ... 193 THE PARLIAMENT* 7Y ELECTIONS ACT, 2001
The Advocates Act—Notices .............. 193-198 Act No. 8 of 2001
The Trade Marks Act—Registration of applications 198-199 Section 21(1)
Advertisements .............................................. 199-200 AND
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS ACT, CAP. 243
No. 11—The Warehouse Receipts System Bill, 2005. Sections 122 and 172
General Notice No. 174 of 2005.
APPOINTMENT OF PERIOD OF CAMPAIGNS FOR
THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, 2001
PURPOSES OF THE PARLIAMENTARY AND LOCAL
Act No. 8 of 2001
Section 12(1) GOVERNMENT COUNCIL BY-ELECTION IN BUSIRO
AND SOUTH CONSTITUENCY, WAKISO AND MASINDI
THE LOCAL GOXERNMENTS ACT, CAP. 243 DISTRICTS
Section 119(1) Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission
NOTICE subject to Section 172 of the Local Governments Act, Cap.
APPOINTMENT OF NOMINATION DAYS FOR 243 and in accordance with Section 21(1) of the
PARLIAMENTARY .AND LOCAL GOXERNMENT Parliamentary Elections Act, No. 8 of 2001, that the period
COUNCIL B Y-ELECTION IN THE ELECTORAL AREAS commencing 22nd June, 2005 and ending 5th July, 2005 is
SPECIFIED IN THE SCHEDULE TO THIS NOTICE hereby appointed campaign period in the form of joint
Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission that in candidates’ meeting for the Local Government Council by
accordance with Section 12(1) and 119(1) of the Parliamentary elections and individually for the Parliamentary by-election.
Elections Act. No. 8 of2001 and Local Governments Act, Cap. Issued at Kampala this 23rd day of May, 2005.
243, respectively, that the 6th and 7th days of June, 2005, are
hereby appointed nomination days for purposes of the ENG. DR. BADRU M. KIGGUNDU,
Parliamentary and Local Government Council by-elections in Chairman, Electoral Commission.
the areas specified in the schedule to this Notice.
SCHEDULE General Notice No. 176 of 2005.
Nomination for; Electoral Area
THE ADVOCATES ACT.
1. Member of Parliament Busiro South, Wakiso District
Kitala Parish, Katabi Sub-county
>2. Sub-County Councillor
Wakiso District APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY.
3. Sub-County Councillor Zinga Parish, Kasanje It is hereby notified that an application has been presented
Sub-County, Wakiso District to the Law Council by Ayo Miriam Eddy Okello who is stated
4. Sub-County Councillor Nalugala Parish, Katabi to be a holder of Bachelor of Laws of Makerere University
Sub-County, Wakiso District having been awarded a Degree on the 17th day of January,
5. Sub-County Councillor Bulumbu Parish, Kasanje 2003 and to have been awarded a Diploma in Legal Practice
Sub-County, Wakiso District
by the Law Development Centre on the 6th day of May, 2005
6. District Chairperson Masindi District
for the issue of a Certificate of Eligibility for entry of her name
7. District Councillor Miirya Sub-County,
on the Roll of Advocates for Uganda.
8. District Councillor Kigumba Sub-County, Kampala, HELLEN OBURA (MRS.),
Masindi District 16th May, 2005. Acting Secretary, Law Council.
9. Sub-County Councillor Butiaba Parish, Biiso Sub-County
10. Sub-County Councillor Ngwendo Parish, Buliisa Sub
County, Masindi District General Notice No, 177 of 2005.
11. Sub-County Councillor Kijumba II Parish, Kimengo THE ADVOCATES ACT.
Sub-County, Masindi District NOTICE.
12. Sub-County Councillor Kijujumba II Parish, Kigumba Sub
APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY.
County, Masindi District
13. Sub-County Councillor Southern Ward, Masindi Town It is hereby notified that an application has been
Council, Masindi District and presented to the Law Council by Kiriaghe Samuel who is
14. Sub-County Councillor Kigulya II Parish, Miirya Sub stated to be a holder of Bachelor of Laws of Uganda Christian
County, Masindi District ’ University having been awarded a Degree on the 3rd day of
Nominations shall be conducted at the respective Returning October, 2003 and to have been awarded a Diploma in Legal
Officer’s offices at the District Headquarters from 9:00 a.m. Practice by the Law Development Centre on the 6th day of
to 5:00 p.m. on each of the appointed days. May, 2005 for the issue of a Certificate of Eligibility for entry
Issued at Kampala, this 23rd day of May, 2005. of his name on the Roll of Advocates for Uganda.
ENG. DR. BADRU M. KIGGUNDU, Kampala, HELLEN OBURA (MRS.),
Chairman, Electoral Commission. 27th May, 2005. Acting Secretary, Law Council.