t«UC « I OANVA
” llsifred at the "WT "T* "W A A Published
'^•Uganda Gazette 4*
Vol. XCVHNo. 70 31st December, 2004 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page (59)
The Trade Marks Act—Registration of Applications 435 (64)
Advertisements .......................................................... 435-436 (57) Nature of goods— Footwear and accessories.
(73) Name of applicant— Bata Limited 12, Concorde Place,
General Notice No. 388 of 2004. Toroto, Canada M3C 3R8.
THE TRADE MARKS ACT. (77) Address—Shoe Company Uganda Ltd P.O. Box
(Cap. 83). 422. Kampala-Uganda.
Notice is hereby given that any person who has grounds to
(22) Date offding application— 1st December, 2004.
oppose the registration of any of the marks advertised herein
may within sixty days from the date of this Gazette, lodge a
Notice of opposition on Trade Mark Form No. 6 together with a (21) Application No. 27218 in Part “A”.
fee of Shs. 4000 in case of National applicants or USS 250 in (52) Class 25.
case of Foreign applicants. The period of lodging Notice of
opposition may be extended in suitable cases by the Registrar as
he thinks fit upon such terms as he may direct. Formal
opposition should not be lodged until after reasonable notice has
been given by letter to the applicant so that he may have an
opportunity to withdraw his application before the expense of
opposition proceedings is incurred. Failure to give such notice
will be taken into account in considering any application by the
opponent for an order for costs if the opposition is uncontested
by the applicant. Representations of the marks herein advertised
can be inspected at the office of the Registrar of Trade Marks.
Crane Chambers, P.O. Box 6848, Kampala. (64)
(57) Nature of goods— All goods in class 25.
(21) Application No. 27206 in Part “A”.
(73) Name of applicant— Standard Stores Ltd.
(52) Class 25.
(77) Address— P.O. Box 12334, Kampala, Uganda.
(74) C/o M/s. C. Mukiibi-Sentamu & Co. Advocates. P.O.
Box 27073 Kampala-Uganda.
(22) Date offiling application— 8th December, 2004.
(59) Kampala, MAUDAH ATUZAR1RWE,
16th December, 2004. Assistant Registrar of Trade Marks.
(57) Nature of goods— Footwear and accessories.
(73) Name of applicant— Bala Limited 12. Concorde Place,
Toroto, Canada M3C 3R8.
(77) Address—Bata Shoe Company Uganda Ltd P.O. Box 'I HE REGISTRATION OF TITLES ACT, 1964.
422. Kampala-Uganda . (Cap. 205).
(22) Date offding application— 1st December. 2004. ISSUE OF SPECIAL CERTIFICATE OF TITLE.
Kyaggwe Block 200 Plot 17 Area 10.0 Acres at Nangiri.
(21) Application No. 27205 in Parc “A"’, Notice is hereby given that after the expiration of one
(52) month from the publication hereof. I intend to issue in the
(54; names of Teddy Nassozi of Mwanyangiri EC- 1 Wankoba
Parish Nakisunga Sub-county, a special Certificate of Title
under the above Block and Plot, the Certificate of Tide
which was originally issued having been lost.
Mukono CHRISTINE NAMIREMBE KATENDE.
6th December. 3(XM. CWgiM.r (,f T.,le,.