Rr/tistrrrd <it the Published
Gf^fnJ t\>& Offtcrfar
trjmmisfipn within by
Vol. XCV1I No. 18 23rd April, 2004 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page 16. The East Africa General Insurance Company Ltd., P.O.
The Workers Compensation Act—Notice ... 119 Box 1392, Kampala
The Electoral Commission—Notice ... ... 119
17. TransAfrica Assurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 7601,
The Companies Act—Notices .................................119-120 Kampala.
The Trade Marks Act— Registration of applications 120-124
Advertisements ......................................................... 124-126 18. The Jubilee Insurance Company of Uganda Ltd., P. O.
Box 10234, Kampala
Statutory Instrument 19. United Assurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 7185,
No. 24—The National Drug Authority (Prescription and Supply Kampala
of Certain Narcotic Analgesic Drugs) Regulations, 2004.
Dated at Kampala this 21st day of April, 2004.
No. 2—The Nebbi District Produce Fees Ordinance, 2004. GERALD M. SSENDAULA,
Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
General Notice No. 136 of 2004.
THE WORKERS' COMPENSATION ACT, (CAP 225)
General Notice No. 137 of 2004.
LAWS OF UGANDA 2000.
THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, 2001
Act No. 8 of 2001
Pursuant to section 18 (2) of the Workers Compensation
Act, (Cap 225) Laws of Uganda, 2000, the general public is
hereby notified that the duly empowered/authorized insurers PUBLICATION OF ADDITIONAL POLLING STATION
to offer insurance under the Act are: FOR THE PARLIAMENTARY BY-ELECTION IN
MBALE MUNICIPALITY, MBALE DISTRICT.
1. AIG Uganda Limited. P. O. Box 7077, Kampala
Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission in
2. East African Underwriters Ltd., P. O. Box 22938,
accordance with section 29(l)(a) of the Parliamentary
Elections Act, No. 8 of 2001, that FOREST NURSERY
3. Excel Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 7213, OUTSIDE QUARTER GUARD polling station is hereby
Kampala gazetted for purposes of the Parliamentary by-election in
4. First Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 5245, Mbalc Municipality, Mbale District.
Issued at Kampala this 20th day of April, 2004.
5. Goldstar Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 7781,
Kampala ENG. DR. BADRU M. KIGGUNDU
6. Imperial Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 24256, Chairman, Electoral Commission.
7. Insurance Company of East Africa (U) Ltd.; P. O. Box General Notice No. 138 of 2004.
THE COMPANIES ACT, 1964.
8. Lloyds Insurance Ltd., P. O. Box 26191, Kampala
9. National Insurance Corporation Ltd., P. O. Box 7134, NOTICE
Pursuant to section 20(3) of the Companies Act, Notice
10., Pan.Africa Insurance Co. (U) Ltd., P. O. Box 5318,
Kampala is hereby given that Munnomukabi Makindye 1 Association
Limited has by Special Resolution passed on the 3rd day of
11. Pan World Insurance Co. Ltd., P. O. Box 7658, Kampala March, 2004 and with the approval of the Registrar of
12. Paramount Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 6427, Companies changed its name to Makindye Community
Kampala Development Association Limited and that such new name
13. Phoenix of Uganda Assurance Company Ltd., P. O. has been entered in my register.
Box 70149, Kampala
Dated at Kampala, this 24th day of February, 2004.
14. Rio Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. Box 5710, Kampala
15. Statewide Insurance Company Ltd., P. O. B^x 9393, BEN TURYASINGURA.
Kampala ' Assistant Registrar of Companies.