Vol. XCVI No. 52 22nd October, 2003 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page (21) Application No. 25092 in Part "A”.
The Trade Marks Act— Registration of applications 325-326 (52) Class 5.
AJ.enisements ........................................................ 326 (54)
Statutory Instruments KETESSE
No. 81—The Fish (Aquaculture) Rules 2003.
No. 82—The Electoral Commission (Appointment of Date of (59) •
Completion of Update of Voters’ Register in the newly (64)
created Sub-counties/Town Councils) Instrument. 2003. (57) Nature of goods— Pharmaceutical, seterinary and
sanitary preparations; dietetic substances adapted
for medical use, food for babies; plasters, materials
General Notice No. 309 of 2003. for dressings; material for stopping teeth, denial
THE TRADE MARKS ACT. wax; disinfectants; preparations for destroying
(Cap. 83). vermin; fungicides, herbicides.
NOTICE. (73) Name of applicant— Tecefarma, S.A.
Notice is hereby given that any person who has grounds to
oppose the registration of any of the marks advertised herein (77) Address— Wilfredo, 724, 08912 Badalona. Barcelona.
may within sixty days from the date of this Gazette, lodge a Spain.
Notice of opposition on Trade Mark Form No. 6 together with a (74) C/o. M/s. Hunter & Greig Advocates. P.O. Box 7026.
fee of Shs. 4000 in case of National applicants or USS 250 in Kampala.
case of Foreign applicants. The period of lodging Notice of
(22) Date offiling application— 12th August. 2002.
opposition may be extended in suitable cases by the Registrar as
he thinks fit upon such terms as he ma\ direct. Formal
opposition should not be lodged until after reasonable notice has (21) Application No. 26180 in Part “A”.
been given by letter to the applicant so that he may have an (52) Class 9.
opportunity to withdraw his application before the expense of (54)
opposition proceedings is incurred. Failure to give such notice
will be taken into account in considering any application by the
opponent for an order for costs if the opposition is uncontested
by the applicant. Representations of the marks herein ads erased
can be inspected at the office of the Registrar of Trade Martts. (53)
Parliamentary Buildings, P.O. Box 7151, Kampala. (59)
(21) Application No. 25884 in Part “A”.
(52) Class 5. i5' > Nature of goods—All goods included in class 9.
(54) (73»Name of applicant— Best Connection Ltd.
»77 j Address— P.O. Box 27973, Kampala.
T H I OV IT • 7—) C/o. M/s. Ntende & Co. Advocates, P.O. Box 27942.
(59) . ’ (22» Date offiling application— 16th October, 2003.
(57) Nature of goods— Preparations for destroying vermin; (21) Application No. 25885 in Part “A"
fungicides, herbicides, insecticides. (52) Class 3.
(73) Name of applicant— Syngenta Participations Ag. (54)
(77) Address— Schwarzwaldalle 215, 4058 Basel, Switzerland.
(74) C/o. M/s. Hunter & Greig Advocates, P.O. Box 7026,
(22) Date offiling application— 15th July, 2003. (64)