THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
^-Uganda Gazette by
Vol. XCV No.'57 Price: Shs. 1000
11th October, 2002
CONTENTS Page III TROUSERS
The Uganda Police Force—Notice....................... 491-492 Ordinary full-length trouser with two inside pockets.
The Advocates Act—Notices ....................... 492-493
The Companies Act—Notice ....................... 493 Five double stitched belt loops of l'/4" width and 3«/2" length S‘
The Trade Marks Act— Registration of applications 493-495 loop centred at back of the trouser.
Advertisements ...................................................... 495-496
SUPPLEMENTS IV WOMEN OFFICERS
No. 22—The National Council For Disability Bill, 2002. Conar; -Continuous shirt collar
Statutory Instrument S]eeves. -Elbow long with a 1 '/2" width turn up.
No. 66— The Insurance Regulations, 2002. Shoulder badge flap: -As in the men s *
Breast pocket: -As in the men s
General Notice No. 354 of 2002.
Waist pocket: -Big trapezium pockets on both sides of the
THE UGANDA POLICE FORCE. bodice with a flap fastened with button
RE: GAZETTING POLICE UNIFORM
Reference is made to the resolution of the 12th Police Council and BACK
Ref: NHR 131/184/01 of 16/Aug/2002. Some guidance has been Centre seam: -At centre of the back ending up with an
received from National Bureau of Standards and Police Tender inverted slit.
Board towards the formulation of the desired specifications for
purposes of gazetting the working uniform and the New Officers Darts: -A pair of darts at the front running through
Uniforms. to the lower pocket on both sides.
Appended herewith therefore are the appropriate details:
A WORKING UNIFORM
Simple rounded skirt with inside hip pocket on the right.
I MATERIAL SPECIFICATION
1. State of fabric: -Khaki colour V WOMEN OTHER RANKS
2. Composition: -65.5% polyester,
33.5% cellulose Collar, sleeves, shoulder badges, flap, breast pocket, seams as
3. Threads per centimeter: -29 warp and 24 weft above for women officers.
4. Mass of Fabric: -241 per square meter. Back centre seam running to middle of the back opening into an
5. Yam designation (warp): -40 tex S.519 inverted pleat, which runs to the waist line.
6. Yam designation (weft): 12 tex S. 509
7. Thread strength (warp): -1651 N Darts: -2 back darts
8. Thread strength (weft): -1309 N -2 front darts
9. Elongation at break % (warp): -18.4
DRESS LOWER PART
10. Elongation at break % (weft): -20.5
11. Mass of warp per meter sq. (g/sq.m): -130.4
Skirt: -Simple round skin
12. Mass of weft per meter sq. (g/sq.m) -110.6
13. Weave type: -two up, two down Pocket: -Right hand sides hip pocket
2/2 warp faced twill Zip’- -Waist plastic zip on the left-hand side
14. Colour fastness (washing): -5 cc and 5s B NEW POLICE OFFICERS UNIFORM
15.Colour fasteners (ironing): -5cc and 5 s II
II MEN'S SHIRTS
Breasts pockets: -On both sides of bodies. Pockets with Material specification
square edges, a centre box pleat of 1l/4" Finish colour: -Navy blue 231/89
width with a flap fastened with a button Lining:
-A hole on the right hand side of the left -100% polyester navy blue
Fibre content: -35% wool. 65% polyester
hand pocket. Fibre bland: -Homogeneous
Collar: -Normal shirt collar of 1.2" collar stand Yam performance: -Pill resistant
width and 13/4" collar width . Breaking strength: -8.9N
Sleeves: -Long sleeved shirt with a 2" cuff at the Stitching
-Two inside pockets Six double stitched
Shoulder badge flap: -Flap of 1 ’/4" width fastened with a button.
belt loop of 1 */ 2" width and 2 Length loops
Back -Straight York with double stitched seam of 1/4 centred at the back of the trouser