GAZETTE EXTRAORDINARY 333
THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
Vol. XCV No. 44 24th July, 2002 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page Youth (Male and Female)
The Electoral Commission Act—Notices.............. 333
The Marriage Act—Notice ........................ 333 Youth (Male and Female)
Advertisements ........................................................ 334 Representatives;
General Notice No. 248 of 2002. Youth (Male Representative).
THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION ACT, 1997.
22nd day of July, 2002.
Act No. 3 of 1997.
AZIZ K. KASUJJA,
'hairman, Electoral Commission.
APPOINTMENT OF POLLING DAY FOR
COUNCILLORS REPRESENTING YOUTHS AND General Notice No. 249 of 2002.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AT DISTRICT AND THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, 2001.
MUNICIPALITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL.
Act No. 8 of 2001.
Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission that Section 60( 1).
in accordance with section 12(l)(a) of the Electoral
Commission Act, No. 3 of 1997, the 25th day of July, 2002, is
hereby appointed polling day for the Special Interest Group PUBLICATION OF BY-ELECTION RESULTS FOR THE
Representatives to the Municipality and District Local UPDF REPRESENTATIVE TO PARLIAMENT.
Government Council specified in the Schedule to this Notice. Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission that
in accordance with section 60(1) of the Parliamentary
Elections Act, No. 8 of 2001, Col. Francis Okello is hereby
A. MUNICIPALITY COUNCILLORS declared and gazetted UPDF Representative to Parliament.
District Municipality Category Issued at Kampala this 5th day of July, 2002.
Mbarara Mbarara Female Youth Representative
AZIZ K. KASUJJA,
B. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS Chairman, Electoral Commission.
1. Mubende Youth (Male Representative);
2. Kiboga Youth (Male Representative); General Notice No. 250 of 2002.
3. Mukono Youth (Male Representative); THE MARRIAGE ACT, 1964.
4. Kayunga Youth (Male Representative); (Cap. 211).
5.Iganga Youth (Male Representative); (Under section 6 of the Act)
6. Iganga Female (Person With Disabilities)
PLACE FOR CELEBRATION OF MARRIAGES.
In exercise of the powers conferred upon me by section 6
7. Kamuli Youth (Male Representative);
of the Marriage Act, I hereby licence the place of public
8. Mbale Youth (Male and Female) worship mentioned in the Schedule hereto to be place for
Representatives; celebration of marriages.
9. Tororo Youth (Male and Female) SCHEDULE
Representatives; 1. Church — Irresistable Grace Ministries
10. Sironko Youth (Male Representative); Denomination — Pentecostal
11. Kumi Youth (Male and Female) Place — Mpererwe
Representatives; Sub-county’ — Kawcmpe
12. Lira Youth (Male and Female) County — Kyadondo
Representatives; District — Kampala
13. Pallisa Youth (Male and Female)
HAJATI JANAT B. MUKWAYA,
Representatives; Minister of Justice & Constitutional Affairs.