Vol. XCV No. 32 31st May, 2002 Price: Shs. 1000
CONTENTS Page 18. Untied Assurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 7185,
The Workers’ Compensation Act—Notice ... 283
The Electoral Commission Act—Notice............. 283 Dated at Kampala this 2nd day of May, 2002.
The Advocates Act—Notices ....................... 284
The Companies Act—Notice ....................... 284 GERALD M. SSENDAULA,
The Trade Marks Act— Registration of applications 284-285 Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
Advertisements ...................................................... 285-286
SUPPLEMENTS General Notice No. 168 of 2002.
Statutory Instruments THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION ACT, 1997.
No. 33—The Land Tribunals (Procedure) Rules, 2002. Act No. 3 of 1997.
No. 34—The External Trade (Importation Licence) (No.7) Section 31(1).
Order, 2002. NOTICE.
No. 35—The Foreign Judgements (Reciprocal Enforcement) APPOINTMENT OF ASSISTANT RETURNING
(General Application) Order, 2002. OFFICER FOR PALLISA ELECTORAL DISTRICT.
No. 36—The Foreign Judgements (Reciprocal Enforcement) Notice is hereby given by the Electoral Commission
(Grenada) Order, 2002. that in accordance with section 31(1) of the Electoral
Commission Act, No. 3 of 1997, Mr. Twaibu Irumba,
General Notice No. 167 of 2002. Assistant Chief Administrative Officer, Pallisa District is
THE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ACT, 2000. hereby appointed Assistant Returning Officer, Pallisa
By this notice Keneth Kauta is hereby degazetted
Pursuant to section 19(2) of the Workers’ Compensation Assistant Returning Officer, Pallisa Electoral District.
Act, 2000, the general public is hereby notified that the duly
empowered/authorised insurers to offer insurance under the Issued at Kampala, this 20th day of May, 2002.
Act are: FLORA K. NKURUKENDA (MRS),
1. AIG Uganda Limited, P.O. Box 7077, Kampala. Deputy Chaiperson, Electoral Commission.
2. East African Underwriters Ltd., P.O. Box 22938,
Kampala. General Notice No. 169 of 2002.
3. Excel Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 7213, Kampala.
THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION ACT, 1997.
4. First Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 5245, Kampala.
5. Goldstar Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 7781, Act No. 3 of 1997.
Kampala. Section 12(1) (a) and 38.
6. HQ Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 4903, Kampala. NOTICE.
7. Imperial Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 24256,
Kampala. POSTPONEMENT OF YOUTH AND PERSONS WITH
8. Insurance Company of East Africa (U) Ltd., P.O. Box DISABILITIES’ POLLING DAY AT SUB-COUNTY/
33953, Kampala. TOWN/MUNICIPAL DIVISION AND
9. National Insurance Corporation Ltd., P.O. Box 7134, MUNICIPALITY/CITY DIVISION LEVELS.
Kampala. Notice is hereby given that in exercise of the powers
10. Pan Africa Insurance Co. (U) Ltd., P.O Box 5318, conferred upon the Electoral Commission by section 38 and
in accordance with section 12(l)(a) of the Electoral
11. Pan World Insurance Co. (U) Ltd., P.O. Box 7658, Commission Act, 1997, the polling day for the Special
Interest Groups representatives to the Local Councils
12. Paramount Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 6427,
specified in the schedule to this Notice, is postponed to the
dates also specified in the schedule to this Notice.
13. Rio Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 5710,
14. Statewide Insurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box 9393, Category’ Display Venue
Kampala. Representatives to the Sub-County/
Town Council/Municipal Division; and 4th June, 2002
15. The East African General Insurance Company Ltd.,
Representatives to the Municipality/
P.O. Box 1392, Kampala.
City Division 5th June, 2002
16. The Jubilee Insurance Company of Uganda Ltd., P.O.
Box 10234, Kampala. Issued at Kampala, this 31 st day of May, 2002.
17. Trans African' Assurance Company Ltd., P.O. Box AZIZ K. KASUJJA,
7601, Kampala. Chairman, Electoral Commission