National Council for Children Act
- Commenced on 31 May 1996
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
Part I — Interpretation
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Part II — Establishment, objects, functions and powers of the council
2. Establishment of the council
3. Objects of the councilThe objects of the council are—
4. Functions of the council
5. Additional powers of the councilThe council may, for the purpose of carrying out its functions under this Act—
Part III — Composition and tenure of office of members of the council
6. Composition of the council
7. Chairperson of the council
8. Remuneration of membersThe council shall pay to members and to persons co-opted to any meeting of the council such sitting, subsistence, travel and other allowances and at such rates as the Minister may determine.
Part IV — Committees of the council
9. Specialised committees
10. Functions of the specialised committees
Part V — Management and staff of the council
11. SecretariatThe council shall have a secretariat to assist it in carrying out its objects and functions under this Act.
12. Functions of the secretariat
13. Secretary general
14. Functions of the secretary general
15. Deputy secretary general
16. Other employees of the council
17. Experts and consultants
Part VI — Finance
18. Funds of the council
19. Borrowing powers
21. Financial year of the councilThe financial year of the council shall be in respect of any accounting period the period of twelve months ending on the 30th June.
24. Investment of surplus funds of the councilAny funds of the council not immediately required for any purpose under this Act shall be invested in such manner as the council may, with the approval of the Minister, determine.
Part VII — Miscellaneous
25. Protection of members and staff from personal liability for negligence
26. Annual reportThe council shall, within three months after the end of each financial year, submit to the Minister a report of the activities of the council in respect of that financial year, and the report shall include a record of the performance of the council during that financial year and its future plans.
27. Minister’s report to ParliamentThe Minister shall submit to Parliament as soon as possible after receiving them—
28. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations generally for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
29. Application and amendment of the Schedule
History of this document
31 May 1996