Uganda Air Cargo Corporation Act
- Commenced on 15 December 1994
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
Part I – Interpretation
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Part II – Establishment, powers, objects and functions of the corporation
2. Establishment of the corporation
3. Powers of the corporationThe corporation may, for and in connection with its objects and functions under this Act, borrow money, purchase, hold, manage and dispose of any property, whether movable or immovable, and may enter into any contract and other transaction as may be expedient and may charge for services provided by it and may do any other act or thing as in law may be done by a body corporate.
4. Objects of the corporationThe objects of the corporation are to establish, provide, develop and operate safe, efficient, adequate, economical and properly coordinated air transport services.
5. Functions of the corporationThe functions of the corporation shall be—
Part III – The board of directors
6. Board of directors
7. Functions of the boardThe functions of the board shall be—
Part IV – Staff of the corporation
8. General manager
9. Corporation secretary
10. Other staff
11. Protection of officers against civil liabilityNothing done by an officer or employee of the corporation shall, if done bona fide for the purpose of putting this Act into effect, subject him or her to civil liability.
12. Duties of Ministries, departments and parastatals to cooperateEvery Ministry, department or parastatal shall, to the greatest possible extent consistent with the corporation’s functions under this Act, afford the corporation all reasonable opportunity for consultation and shall, subject to any law, provide the corporation with such information as the corporation may require.
Part V – Financial and related provisions
13. Funds of the corporationThe funds available for the purpose of enabling the corporation to perform its functions under this Act shall consist of—
14. Duty of the corporation to operate on commercial principlesThe corporation shall—
16. Accounts, audit and annual report
17. Transfer of assets and liabilitiesThe Minister may transfer to the corporation the ownership or possession of assets belonging to the Government which, by virtue of this Act and in his or her opinion, are necessary for the corporation’s performance of its functions; and thereupon the corporation shall, in respect of those assets, have all the rights and be subject to all the liabilities attaching to them.
18. Winding up of company
19. RegulationsThe Minister may, after consultation with the board, make regulations for carrying into effect the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
15 December 1994