Uganda Veterans Assistance Board Act
- Commenced on 1 August 1992
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
Part I – Interpretation
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Part II – Establishment, objects and functions of the board
2. Establishment of the board
3. Objects and functions of the board
4. Decentralisation of operations
5. Meetings of the board, etc.The provisions of the Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to meetings of the board and other matters to which they relate.
Part III – Composition of the board and tenure of office and remuneration of members
6. Composition of the board
7. Tenure of office of members
8. Remuneration of membersMembers of the board and persons co-opted to any meeting of the board may be paid such sitting, subsistence or other allowances, if any, and at such rates as the Minister may, after consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
Part IV – Committees of the board
10. District veterans committees
11. Functions of a district veterans committeeThe functions of a district veterans committee are—
Part V – Staff of the board
12. Executive secretary
13. Other senior officers of the board
14. Other staffThe board may appoint such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient discharge of the objects and functions of the board under this Act.
15. General provisions relating to staff
Part VI – Finance
16. FundsThe funds of the board shall consist of—
17. Annual budget of the board
18. Investment of surplus fundsAny monies of the board not needed for the time being for carrying out the objects and functions of the board under this Act may be invested by the board in such manner as the Minister may approve.
19. Borrowing powersThe board may, with the approval of the Minister given in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, borrow sums of money from any source as may be required for meeting any of its obligations or for the discharge of its objects and functions under this Act.
20. Financial year of the boardThe financial year of the board shall be the same as that of the Government.
21. Accounts and audit
Part VII – General
22. Annual reportThe board shall, in each year, at such time as the Minister may direct, submit to the Minister a statement on its activities in the preceding financial year indicating any particular problems experienced by it in that year in carrying out its objects and functions and making recommendations for solving those problems and containing such other information as the Minister may request.
23. Submission of reports to ParliamentThe Minister may, as soon as possible after receiving them, lay before Parliament the Auditor General’s report submitted to him or her under section 21 and the annual report of the board submitted to him or her under section 22.
24. Minister’s directions and information
25. Common seal and contracts and other instruments of the board
26. Protection of members and staff of the board
27. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations for carrying this Act into full effect.
History of this document
01 August 1992