Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council Act
- Commenced on 9 October 1992
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
Part I – Interpretation
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Part II – Establishment, objects and functions of the council
2. Establishment of the council
3. Objects of the councilThe objects of the council are—
4. Functions of the council
Part III – Composition and tenure of office of members of the council
5. Composition of the councilThe council shall consist of—
6. Chairperson and vice chairperson of the council
7. Tenure of office of members
8. Remuneration of membersThe council shall pay to members and also to persons co-opted to any meeting of the council under section 9 such sitting, subsistence, travelling and other allowances at such rates as the Minister may, after consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
Part IV – Meetings of the council
9. Meetings of the council
10. Validity of proceedings not affected by vacancy, etc.The validity of any proceedings of the council shall not be affected by any vacancy among its members or by any defect in the appointment of any of them.
11. Minutes of council meetings
Part V – Committees of the council
12. Technical committee
13. Other committees of the council
Part VI – Management and staff of the council
15. Functions of the secretariat
17. Functions of the director
18. Deputy director
19. Other employees of the council
20. Experts and consultants
Part VII – Finance
21. Funds, etc. of the council
22. Borrowing powers
24. Financial year of the councilThe financial year of the council in respect of any accounting period shall be the period of twelve months ending on the 30th June.
27. Investment of surplus funds of the councilAny funds of the council not immediately required for any purpose under this Act shall be invested in such manner as the council may, with the approval of the Minister, after consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
Part VIII – Miscellaneous
28. Common seal of the council
29. Protection of council members and staff from personal liability
30. Annual reportsThe council shall, within three months after the end of each financial year, submit to the Minister a report on the activities of the council in respect of that financial year, and the report shall include its achievements during that financial year and its future plans.
31. Minister to report to ParliamentThe Minister shall submit to Parliament as soon as possible after receiving them—
32. Patent rightsAll patent rights in any discoveries, inventions and improvements on apparatus and machines effected by persons engaged by the council in the implementation of the programme shall vest in the council, but the council may make any such patent available for use in the public interest on such terms as the council may determine.
33. Service of notice, etc. on the councilA notice or document required to be served on the council may be served by leaving it at the office of the director or by sending it by prepaid registered post to the director.
34. RegulationsThe Minister may, after consultation with the council, by statutory instrument, make regulations generally for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
35. Power of the Minister to transfer assets and property of the Coordinating Office for the Control of Trypanosomiasis in UgandaThe Minister may, with the prior approval of the Minister responsible for finance, by statutory order, transfer to the council any assets and property which are, immediately before the commencement of this Act, in the possession of the Coordinating Office for the Control of Trypanosomiasis in Uganda (COCTU).
History of this document
09 October 1992