New Vision Printing and Publishing Corporation Act
- Commenced on 4 September 1987
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Establishment, seal, functions and powers of the corporation
2. Establishment of the corporation
3. Functions of the corporationThe functions of the corporation shall be to provide printing and publication facilities to both the Government and the general public; and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the corporation may do the following—
4. General powers of the corporationThe corporation may do all such things as are calculated to facilitate or are incidental or conducive to the better carrying out of its functions and may, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing—
5. Board of directors
6. Meetings of the board
7. Remuneration of directorsThe directors or any other person attending any meeting of the board may be paid such remuneration or allowance as the Minister may, in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
8. Managing director
9. Editor-in-chief and deputy editor-in-chief
11. Other staff
12. Funds of the corporation
13. Borrowing powers
17. Investment of surplus fundsSuch funds of the corporation as are not immediately required for use shall be invested in such manner as the board may, with prior approval of the Minister in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
18. Corporation to operate on sound financial principlesIn the performance of its functions under this Act, the corporation shall have due regard to sound financial principles and shall conduct its business in such manner that taking one transaction with another, and taking one year with another—
19. Editorial policyIn carrying out its functions and, in particular, the function of publishing the Government newspapers, the board shall have as its editorial policy—
20. Service of documentAny notice or document required to be served on the corporation may be served by leaving it at the office of, or by sending it by registered post to the managing director.
21. Annual reportThe board shall within three months after the end of each calendar year send to the Minister a report on the activities of the corporation for that year, and the Minister shall lay the report before Parliament.
22. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations generally for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
04 September 1987