Uganda Government Securities Act
- Commenced on 9 October 1962
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, "Colonial Stock Acts" means the Acts of the Parliament of the United Kingdom known as the Colonial Stock Acts, 1877 to 1948, as from time to time amended.
2. ApplicationThis Act shall apply to all securities created or issued in the United Kingdom on behalf of the Government of Uganda—
3. Provisions for payment of money due to stockholders
4. Certificate of paying agentA certificate specifying the sum paid under the order of any court referred to in section 3 to satisfy any such final judgment, decree, rule or order and issued by the agent in the United Kingdom of the Government of Uganda authorised to make the payment shall be sufficient authority to the Auditor General or other officer having the auditing of the accounts of the agent for passing the sum without further appropriation.
5. Certain legislation to be agreed with the United Kingdom GovernmentLegislation which appears to her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom to alter any of the provisions affecting Uganda Government securities to the injury of the holders of the securities or to involve a departure from the original contract in regard to those securities shall not become law except after agreement with Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom, and if attention is drawn to such legislation after the passing of that legislation, the Government of Uganda will take the necessary steps to ensure amendment as may be requested by Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom.
History of this document
09 October 1962