Aerodromes (Control) Act
- Commenced on 20 September 1962
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act—
2. Appointment of security officersThe Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, from time to time appoint fit and proper persons to be security officers for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
3. Power to make regulations
4. Area to be specifiedRegulations made under this Act shall define the area of each aerodrome to which they apply and, unless the regulations provide otherwise, they shall apply to the whole of the area so defined; and the Minister shall cause the boundaries of the aerodrome to be demarcated by means of fencing, signposts or any other means which he or she deems sufficient to indicate those boundaries to the public.
5. Regulations to be displayedThe Minister shall cause copies of all regulations made under this Act to be conspicuously displayed at every aerodrome to which the regulations apply.
6. Regulations to be additional to any other written lawAny regulations made under this Act in relation to an aerodrome shall be additional to and not in derogation of any other written law in force in relation to that aerodrome.
History of this document
20 September 1962