Loans (United Kingdom Government) Act
- Commenced on 1 October 1959
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. Power to borrow from United Kingdom Government
2. Repayment of loansAny loan raised by virtue of this Act, together with the interest payable on any such loan, shall be repaid by annual installments of principal and interest so that the loan shall be repaid within the period for which it was granted.
3. Funds on which loans shall be chargedThe principal money of and interest payable on any loan raised by virtue of this Act shall be charged upon and paid out of the Consolidated Fund; and where part of any loan so raised is re-lent to the Uganda Electricity Board, the principal money of that part of the loan and interest payable on it shall in addition be charged upon the general revenues and assets of that board.
4. Purpose of loansAny money borrowed by virtue of this Act shall be expended either for a purpose specified in the Schedule to the Specific Loan (No. 3) Act or upon a service or for a purpose for which provision is made in any estimate of Government expenditure included in the development budget and approved by Parliament, and not upon or for any other service or purpose.
History of this document
01 October 1959