Uganda National Cultural Centre Act
- Commenced on 8 October 1959
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Extinguishment of existing trustFrom and after the 8th October, 1959, the trust existing prior to that date relating to the fund shall be extinguished.
3. Establishment of trustThere is established a trust, to be known as the Uganda National Cultural Centre Trust, for the purpose of administering, controlling and managing the trust property in accordance with this Act, and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing—
4. Board of trustees
5. Proceedings of board of trustees
6. Board of trustees to keep accounts
7. Powers of board of trusteesSubject to this Act, for the purpose of the administration, control and management of the trust property the board may—
8. Vesting of property in board of trustees
9. Board of trustees to discharge liabilities of former trusteesFrom and after the 8th October, 1959, the board shall in all respects be subject to and shall discharge all obligations and liabilities to which the former trustees were subject and shall indemnify the former trustees from all such obligations and liabilities and from all costs and expenses in that behalf.
10. Application of trust propertyThe board shall apply the trust property and any income derived from it to and for the purposes of the trust.
11. Executive committee
12. Functions of executive committee
13. District arts committee
14. Validation of previous acts of former trusteesAll acts done prior to the 8th October, 1959, by the former trustees incidental to the trusts hitherto existing relating to the fund are declared to have been done in lawful exercise of powers in that behalf, and the former trustees are released and discharged from and against all legal proceedings in respect of any such acts.
15. Protection from personal liability of members of board, etc.No matter or thing done by the chairperson or any member, officer or employee of the board or by any member of the committee bona fide for the purpose of executing any of the provisions of this Act shall render the chairperson, member, officer or employee personally responsible to any action, liability, claim or demand.
History of this document
08 October 1959