Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium Trust Act
- Commenced on 20 August 1953
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Extinguishment of existing trustFrom and after the 20th August, 1953, the trust hitherto existing relating to the Uganda Native War Memorial Recreation Ground shall be extinguished and the registration of the former trustees as a corporate body under the provisions of the Land (Perpetual Succession) Ordinance (now repealed) shall be void without prejudice to any rights, liabilities, actions, claims and demands then subsisting.
3. Establishment of trustThere is established a trust to be known as the Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium Trust for the purpose of administering the trust property in such manner as to encourage the participation in athletic sports and games of organised bodies of the inhabitants of Uganda; and the trust shall be administered, controlled and managed in accordance with this Act.
4. Establishment and constitution of board of trustees
5. Chairperson of the board
6. Proceedings of board
7. Board to keep accounts
8. Powers of boardSubject to this Act, for the purpose of the administration, control and management of the trust property the board may—
9. Vesting of property in boardSubject to the provisions of this Act relating to the scheduled property, all land, buildings, rights, monies, securities, credits, effects and all property whatsoever of or to which prior to the 20th August, 1953, the former trustees were seised, possessed or entitled and the benefit of all contracts entered into by the former trustees shall be and the same are vested in the board to the same extent and for the same estate or interest as they were previously vested in the former trustees to be held and enjoyed, sued for, recovered, maintained, dealt with and disposed of in accordance with this Act.
10. Board to discharge liabilities of former trusteesFrom and after the 20th August, 1953, the board shall in all respects be subject to and shall discharge all obligations and liabilities to which the former trustees were subject and shall indemnify the former trustees and each of them from all such obligations and liabilities and from all costs and expenses in that behalf.
11. Application of trust propertyThe board shall apply the trust property and any income derived from the trust property to or for the purposes of the trust; and if any land forming the whole or part of the trust property shall be sold, the proceeds of the sale shall be paid and applied in such manner as the Minister, with the advice of the board, shall direct.
12. Appointment and meetings of management committee
13. Functions of management committee
14. Validation of acts of former trusteesAll acts done prior to the coming into operation of this Act by the former trustees incidental to the trusts hitherto existing relating to the Uganda Native War Memorial Recreation Ground are declared to have been done in lawful exercise of powers in that behalf, and the former trustees are released and discharged from and against all legal proceedings in respect of any such acts.
15. Protection from personal liability of members of board, etc.
History of this document
20 August 1953