Municipalities and Public Authorities Provident Fund Act
- Commenced on 1 February 1951
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Minister to approve provident fund schemes
3. Amendments to the rules or regulationsNo public authority or board of management of any approved scheme shall amend or alter the rules or regulations in respect of any such scheme without prior approval of the Minister.
4. Amendments to the draft regulations
5. Amounts in hand not assignable or liable to attachment
6. Funds to be kept in separate account
7. Persons prohibited from contributing to two schemesNotwithstanding any other provision in this Act, no person shall be entitled to be a contributor in any approved scheme while he or she contributes to any provident fund scheme established under the provisions of any other Act.
8. Schemes under the Provident Fund (Local Governments) Act not affectedNothing in this Act shall be deemed to affect any scheme established under the Provident Fund (Local Governments) Act.
9. Provision in respect of the Kampala City Council
History of this document
01 February 1951