Aerodromes (Control of Obstructions) Act
- Commenced on 28 February 1947
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationFor the purposes of this Act—
2. Prohibition of structure, tree or natural growth in prescribed area
3. Compensation for loss of land value due to inclusion within prescribed areaIf, within two months from the date of the publication of a statutory instrument under section 1 prescribing an area, the Minister is satisfied that the value of any land within that area has depreciated by reason of its inclusion in the statutory instrument in relation to the current value of neighbouring land not so included, the Minister may appoint a committee to assess the value of the depreciation; and, on an assessment being made, compensation shall be paid by the Government to the person or persons entitled to it.
4. Planting of trees forbiddenNo trees shall be planted within a prescribed area after the commencement of this Act without the consent in writing of the Minister.
5. RulesThe Minister may make rules for the purpose of prescribing anything that is required to be prescribed under this Act.
6. Offence and penaltyAny person who—
History of this document
28 February 1947