Cattle Grazing Act
- Commenced on 31 October 1945
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act—
2. Prohibition, etc. of grazing
3. Impounding of cattle
4. Report of impounding of cattle to district commissionerAny district administration which impounds cattle under this Act shall immediately report the impounding to the district commissioner.
5. RulesThe Minister may make rules for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
6. Offence and penaltyAny person who contravenes any order made under section 2 or any rule made under section 5 commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding one thousand shillings or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
7. ApplicationThis Act shall apply only to such areas of Uganda as the Minister may by statutory instrument declare.
History of this document
31 October 1945