Boy Scouts and Girl Guides Act
- Commenced on 22 March 1922
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Restriction on use of uniform, etc. of associationIt shall not be lawful for any person, not being under the byelaws or rules of the association duly authorised and entitled so to do, publicly to wear, carry or bear any uniform, badge, token or emblem which under those byelaws or rules is specifically adopted for use under the authority of the association or which could reasonably be held to be an imitation of the same in such style or manner as to convey an impression that that person is under those byelaws or rules entitled so to wear, carry or bear that uniform, badge, token or emblem.
3. Restriction on sale of badges, etc. of associationNo person shall sell or offer for sale any article bearing a badge, token or emblem specifically adopted for use under the authority of the association, or which could reasonably be held to be an imitation of the same, unless he shall have first submitted the article to the inspection of the commissioner and shall have obtained authority from him in writing so to do.
4. Boy scout not to pass himself off as police officer, etc.
5. No person falsely to claim connection with associationIt shall not be lawful for any person to—
6. Offences and penaltiesAny person wilfully contravening any of the provisions of this Act commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a period not exceeding one month or to a fine not exceeding two hundred shillings or to both, and it shall be lawful for the court to order the forfeiture of any such uniform, badge, token or emblem, as mentioned in sections 2 and 3, in respect of which an offence has been committed and a conviction recorded.
7. Application of Act to Girl Guides AssociationThis Act shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the Uganda Girl Guides Association.
History of this document
31 December 2000 this version
22 March 1922