Venereal Diseases Act
- Commenced on 30 September 1977
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Examination of persons infected or suspected to be infected with venereal diseaseAny medical officer of health may require any person whom he or she knows or reasonably suspects to be infected with venereal disease to submit himself or herself for examination at such time and place as the medical officer of health may direct.
3. Powers of medical officer of health, etc.
4. Duty to name contact
5. Powers of an authorised officerAn authorised officer may make an order—
6. Protection of an authorised officer, etc.No act or thing done or omitted to be done by an authorised officer or medical officer of health or health inspector shall, if it is done bona fide for the purposes of executing any provisions of this Act, subject that authorised officer or medical officer of health or health inspector to any civil liability.
7. Offences by an authorised officer, etc.
8. Offences and penalties
9. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory order, make regulations for better carrying out the provisions of this Act.
10. Act to be read with Public Health ActThis Act shall be read as one with the Public Health Act.
History of this document
31 December 2000 this version
30 September 1977