Uganda Airlines Act
- Commenced on 17 May 1976
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—(a)"air transport services" means the services specified in section 3(1);(b)"board" means the governing body constituted under section 5(1);(c)"chairperson" means the chairperson of the board;(d)"corporation" means the Uganda Airlines established under section 2(1);(e)"director" means a director of the board and includes the chairperson;(f)"financial year" means the period of twelve months ending on the 31st day of December or such other period of twelve months as the Minister may, by writing under his or her hand, authorise the corporation to adopt as its financial year;(g)"general manager" means the general manager of the board;(h)"secretary" means the secretary of the board.
Establishment and seal of the corporation
2. Establishment and seal of the corporation
3. Functions of the corporation
4. Powers of the corporationThe corporation shall have power, for the effective performance of its functions—
5. Board of the corporation
6. Meetings of the board
7. Remuneration of directors, etc.The directors or any other person attending any meeting of the board may be paid such remuneration or allowances as the Minister may, after consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine
8. General manager
9. Secretary of the corporation
10. Staff of the board
11. Authorised capital
12. Borrowing powers
14. Corporation to operate on sound financial principlesIn the performance of its functions under this Act, the corporation shall have due regard to sound financial principles and shall conduct its business in such manner that taking one transaction with another, and taking one year with another—
15. InvestmentThe corporation may invest any monies under its control in any undertaking or project approved by the Minister in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance.
16. Accounts and audit
17. Minister’s power of directionThe Minister may, subject to this Act, give to the corporation written directions of a general or specific nature, and the corporation shall comply with those directions.
18. Annual reportsThe corporation shall, not later than six months after the end of each financial year, make and submit to the Minister a report showing the performance of the corporation during that financial year, including the extent to which any direction given by the Minister during that financial year has been carried out.
19. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations to carry into effect the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
31 December 2000 this version
17 May 1976