Uganda Steel Corporation Act
- Commenced on 25 November 1974
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Establishment, seal and functions of the corporation
2. Establishment and seal of the corporation
3. Functions of the corporation
4. The board
5. Meetings of the board
6. Remuneration of board membersThe chairperson and the other members of the board and any other person attending any meeting of the board may be paid such remuneration or allowances as the Minister may approve.
7. General manager
8. Staff of the corporation
9. Funds of the board
10. Borrowing powers
12. InvestmentThe board may invest any money under its control in any project approved by the Minister in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance.
13. Accounts and audit
14. Transfer of property
15. Minister’s power of directionThe Minister may, subject to this Act, give to the board written directions of a general or specific nature relating to the functions of the board, and the board shall be bound to comply.
16. Annual reportsThe board shall, not later than six months after the end of each financial year, make and submit to the Minister and the Minister responsible for finance a report showing the performance of the board during that financial year, including the extent to which any direction given by the Minister during that financial year has been carried out.
17. RegulationsThe Minister may, after consultation with the board, make regulations generally for better carrying out the provisions and principles of this Act.
History of this document
25 November 1974