Uganda Cement Corporation Act
- Commenced on 25 November 1974
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
Establishment and functions of the corporation
2. Establishment and seal of the corporation
3. Functions of the corporation
4. Board of the corporation
5. Meetings of the board
6. Remuneration of board members, etc.The chairperson and the other members of the board and any other person attending any meeting of the board may be paid such remuneration or allowances as the Minister may, after consultation with the Minister responsible for finance, determine.
7. General manager
8. Staff of the corporation
9. Funds of the corporationThe funds of the corporation shall consist of—
10. Borrowing powers
12. Corporation to operate on sound financial principlesIn the discharge of its functions under this Act, the corporation shall so conduct its business that taking one transaction with another, and taking one year with another—
13. InvestmentsThe corporation may invest any monies under its control in any investment or project approved by the Minister in consultation with the Minister responsible for finance.
14. Accounts and audit
15. Transfer of property
16. Minister’s power of directionThe Minister may, subject to this Act, give to the corporation written directions of a general or specific nature relating to the functions of the corporation, and the corporation shall be bound to comply.
17. Annual reportsThe corporation shall, not later than six months after the end of each financial year, make and submit to the Minister a report showing the performance of the corporation during that financial year, including the extent to which any direction given by the Minister during that financial year has been carried out.
18. RegulationsThe Minister may, in consultation with the board, make regulations—
History of this document
25 November 1974