National Security Council Act
- Commenced on 23 June 2000
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
1. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
2. Establishment of the councilThere is established a council to be known as the National Security Council.
3. Functions of the council
4. Composition of the council
5. Meetings of the council
6. District security and intelligence committees
7. Secretariat and secretary to the council
8. Subcounty intelligence committees
9. Observance of human rights by council, etc.Members and staff of the council and committees shall observe and respect human rights and freedoms in the execution and the performance of their functions.
10. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations giving guidelines for the operations and meetings of the district security committees, the district intelligence committees and the subcounty security committees.
11. Oaths and obligations of council members and secretariat
History of this document
23 June 2000