This Act was repealed on 2006-08-04 by Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act, 2006.
- Commenced on 20 July 1964
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2000.]
- [Note: The version of the Act as at 31 December 2000 was revised and consolidated by the Law Reform Commission of Uganda. All subsequent amendments have been researched and applied by Laws.Africa for ULII.]
- [Repealed by Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act, 2006 (Act 19 of 2006) on 4 August 2006]
2. ApplicationThis Act shall apply in relation to works made before the commencement of this Act as it applies in relation to works made after its commencement, so, however, that this section shall not be taken to render an act done before the commencement of this Act an infringement of copyright under section 13.
3. Works eligible for copyright
4. Copyright by virtue of nationality or residence
5. Copyright by reference to country of first publication
6. Copyright in works of Government and international bodies
Nature of copyright
7. Literary, musical and artistic works
8. FilmsA copyright in a cinematograph film shall be the exclusive right to control the doing in Uganda or any other country of any of the following acts—
9. RecordsA copyright in a gramophone record shall be the exclusive right to control the distribution in Uganda or any other country of copies of the whole or a substantial part of the record either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original.
Ownership of copyright
11. First ownership
12. Assignments, licences and testamentary dispositions
14. Licences of rightWhenever the Minister is satisfied that a licensing body—
15. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations prescribing anything which under this Act may be prescribed or otherwise providing for procedure under this Act.
16. Amendment of Second Schedule
History of this document
04 August 2006
Repealed by Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act, 2006
31 December 2000 this version
20 July 1964